They don’t call Demetrious Johnson “Mighty Mouse” for nothing.
The UFC’s reigning flyweight champion is the only fighter to hold that belt since the division’s inception in 2012. After winning the inaugural flyweight tournament at UFC 152, Johnson has successfully defended the title eight times, virtually cleaning up the division back and forth. Most recently, Johnson knocked out TUF 24 coach and former Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo in a dominant performance at UFC 197 last April.
On Saturday, Might Mouse looks to assert his might in his weight class as he faces former Titan FC flyweight champion Tim Elliot for the UFC flyweight title in the TUF 24 Finale. Elliot punched his ticket to a date with Johnson with a victory over Hiromasa Ogikubo in the TUF 24 tournament finals.
As it stands, the champion is a huge -1275 favorite (from bestfightodds.com) to topple his latest challenger. Elliot, who is on his second tour of duty with the UFC, is a massive underdog at +600 in many sports books as he tries to pull off one of the bigger upsets in UFC history. The -1275 represents the highest Johnson’s been pegged at since fighting replacement opponent Chris Cariaso in 2014. Johnson was a -1425 when he fought Cariaso at UFC 178.
Here is the final list of fights for Saturday’s TUF 24 Finale. Betting odds (courtesy of 5Dimes) are also included:
MAIN CARD (10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. Tim Elliott – for flyweight title
- Joseph Benavidez (+170) vs. Henry Cejudo (-200)
- Jake Ellenberger (+220) vs. Jorge Masvidal (-260)
- Jared Cannonier (+185) vs. Ion Cutelaba (-225)
- Alexis Davis (+158) vs. Sara McMann (-180)
- Ryan Benoit (+105) vs. Brandon Moreno (-125)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Ryan Hall (-105) vs. Gray Maynard (-115)
- Rob Font vs. ( -250 ) Matt Schnell ( + 210 )
- Kailin Curran(-155) vs. Jamie Moyle (+135)
- Devin Clark (-105) vs. Josh Stansbury (-115)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Elvis Mutapcic (+100) vs. Anthony Smith (-120)
- “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim (-125) vs. Brendan O’Reilly (+105)